Wednesday, August 8, 2007

529 Savings Plans

I try to keep alot of personal information out of my blog (here's why). But it's time to let you in on a little bit about what's happening in my world. I have two baby girls (15 months and 1 month). I won't share any information about growth and development, but I will discuss college (argh!).
I know my girls will be smart. I hope that the Mrs. and I can raise them well enough to be determined. Full scholarships will be well praised in my house-hold. However, it's still a good idea to plan.
I found this article on a blog called fivecentnickel. It is a fantastic explanation of some research into 529 college savings plans.
Keep in mind that the discussion of state tax benefits is only reviewed in brief. Since I live and work in Texas, I'm not particularly concerned with state tax benefits, as Texas does not have a state income tax.
Have you done research on this subject? Are you currently saving for college? What are your thoughts or comments? Please, let me know.

No comments: